Fully hands-free in operation. Clearly indicating locked status on both sides of the door. There is no other manually operated privacy locking device that delivers on these most wanted features and high value benefits. The Restroom UP LoK is a complete rethink on privacy locks intended for use on single occupancy restroom doors.
- Nothing to grip or twist.
- A completely new Patent Pending handle and locking concept.
- Intuitive hands-free optional pulling, pushing, locking and unlocking.
- Locked status indicator on both sides of the door.
- Easily retrofits to nearly all existing restroom doors.
- Compatible with electric strike plates.
- ADA - Fully compliant.
- Emergency Unlock
- 1/4-20 Bolt
- Latch Bolt Throw
- Door Thickness
- 1-3/4" & 1-3/8"
- Grade 1
- Door Prep
- Cylindrical Latch Backset
- Field Reversible
- Public Buildings & Facilities
- Commercial & Industrial Buildings
- Government & Military Facilities
- Retail & Strip Malls
- Multifamily & Mixed-Use
The Hands-Free Door Handle Manifesto
It's time for a rethink on how we interface with public door handles, especially those installed on single occupancy restroom doors.
Fresh ideas combined with high quality manufacturing methods will produce a familiar but improved solution for the betterment of society. The Restroom UP LoK™ has been designed to be a hands free door solution by satisfying the following objectives:
- The manually operated door handle of the future will not require the user to grab and/or twist anything.
- A superior restroom privacy lock will allow, but not require, the use of the human hand to open, lock and unlock the door.
- The device will be fully compliant with all applicable building codes in addition to accessibility requirements such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Spring-loaded automatic door closers should continue to be installed on restroom doors for an automated and hands-free closing action.
- A public environment means the privacy lock should be able to take abuse and continue to function properly.
- This new type of privacy lock will retrofit on to all common commercial-grade doors of standard thickness and backset bore hole preparation.
- A privacy lock that features hands-free-optional operation isn't enough to be considered the ideal public restroom lock. A locked status indicator, badly lacking on most restroom doors and a mandatory requirement of the International Building Code effective January of 2021, must also be included. The locked status should be advertised with a bright red indicator that is easily visible within 6 feet of the ingress side of the door.
The Restroom UP LoK - The World's Best Privacy Lock
The Restroom UP LoK - Installation Instructions
Grade 1 Certification For Door Hardware
Despite the inability to obtain certification, the UP LoK has proven to be reliable to hundreds of thousands of open/close/lock/unlock cycles.
|Metric Description||ANSI / BHMA Standard||Restroom UP LoK Test Standard
|Open & Close Cycle Count||800,000||800,000
|Lock & Unlock Cycle Count||0 — Function not tested.||500,000
Emergency Unlocking Procedure