Electromagnetic Door Holder/releases
Rixson Part 900-Spacer Armature Extensions
Electromagnetic door holder/releases are designed for virtually any remote door release applications. They must be used in conjunction with closing devices.
- Fire/smoke barrier doors
- Door releases when tripped by an alarm or smoke detector
- Private offices
- Door releases when triggered by a remote switch
- All devices come with a wall/floor portion and a door portion (armature
- Circuit normally closed
- Door portions have screws and plates to accommodate surface and concealed mounting
900 base has a minimum: 1-1/2" (38mm) extension.
Maximum: 10" using combination of spacers [1/2"
(13mm), 3/4" (19mm), etc.] Longer armature
projections may encourage abuse and/or the weight
of the extended rods will pull off the face of the door
Doors are to be normally held open. The electromagnetic
door releases will be energized with the voltage shown
(at right) in the hardware set for this opening. Power shall
be controlled by the fire control system. It will interrupt the
power if alarmed, causing the doors to be released, thus
allowing the door closers to close the doors. When power
is restored the magnets will re-energize, permitting the
doors to be manually returned to their held open position.
Rixson Part 900-SPACER
- 1/2" Spacer - Requires Model 900 Base Unit (2" Total Extension)
- 3/4" Spacer - Requires Model 900 Base Unit (2¼" Total Extension)
- 1" Spacer - Requires Model 900 Base Unit (2½" Total Extension)